Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

[SOLVED] Parameter [Modified Date & Time] won't store "Use Article Parameters"
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Parameter [Modified Date & Time] won't store "Use Article Parameters"

[SOLVED] Parameter [Modified Date & Time] won't store "Use Article Parameters" 4 years, 3 months ago #678

• pkortge
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi:

Just installed and used v0.9Beta6 under Joomla! v1.5.18.

Unfortunately, the Backend [Advanced Parameters] -> [Modified Date and Time] won't hold the value "Use Article Parameters".

With "Use Article Parameters" selected, when I click either [Apply] or [Save], it reverts to "Show".

The other two values store OK.

Also, on a related note, the FAQ's don't always obey the set paramaters for [Modified Date and Time] !

I have the Joomla! [Content] -> [Article Manager] -> [Parameters] (i.e. Global Parameters) for [Modified Date and Time] set to "Hide".

With FAQ Slider [Advanced Parameters] -> [Modified Date and Time] set to "Hide", all FAQ's correctly don't show the Modified Date & Time.

However, with the FAQ Slider parameters set to "Show", two (2) of the twenty eight (28) FAQ's incorrectly show a Modified Date & Time (and these two articles - like all the others - have their individual article [Parameters (Advanced) -> [Modified Date and Time] set to "Use Global").

In need, I can provide you with Joomla! Admin access for the site (it's only just starting to be built).
Last Edit: 4 years, 2 months ago by mattfaulds.

Re: Parameter [Modified Date & Time] won't store "Use Article Parameters" 4 years, 3 months ago #681

Thanks for this report - part 1 was accurate. There was a problem with the parameters not sticking. This is now fixed in 0.9beta7.

I cannot reproduce your second problem which sounds quite bizarre. Can you check with the new beta and report back please.

Re: Parameter [Modified Date & Time] won't store "Use Article Parameters" 4 years, 3 months ago #682

I have just re-read your post again.

Please note that the FAQ Slider parameters will over-ride any other parameters. Hence, if you want the article to obey it's own settings, then you should (now that you can ) set it to use article parameters. Other than that, hide or show should force hiding or showing the relevant option.

Hope that clears that up a bit.

Re: Parameter [Modified Date & Time] won't store "Use Article Parameters" 4 years, 3 months ago #684

• pkortge
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Matt:

Thanks for the prompt response!

I've now downloaded and installed 0.9Beta7 and can confirm that the "Use Article Parameters" is now sticking

However ...

The problem of two of the twenty eight articles showing a "Last updated ...." line when they shouldn't remains.

I have the Joomla! [Content] -> [Article Manager] -> [Parameters] (i.e. Global Parameters) for [Modified Date and Time] set to "Hide".

All the individual articles comprising the FAQ's are set to [Modified Date and Time] = Use Global.

However, with the FAQ Slider parameters set to "Show", two (2) of these twenty eight (28) FAQ's show a "Last updated ...." line.

According to you, all twenty eight shouldn't show "Last updated ...." as their individual [Modified Date and Time] is set to "Use Global" (which is "Hide").

Screen dumps are attached of first FAQ showing "Last updated ...." and second FAQ not showing it.

In need, I can provide you with Joomla! Admin access for the site (it's only just starting to be built) so you can see for yourself.
Last Edit: 4 years, 3 months ago by pkortge.

Re: Parameter [Modified Date & Time] won't store "Use Article Parameters" 4 years, 3 months ago #685

I can't reproduce this behaviour in two installations....

Please PM/email with admin access (it's much easier, if you don't mind, sending super admin)

Re: Parameter [Modified Date & Time] won't store "Use Article Parameters" 4 years, 3 months ago #686

• pkortge
  • Fresh Boarder
Have emailed you Username/Password for Super Admin for website.

The FAQ's displaying the problem are the first & third FAQ's.

It's now 10:50pm here in cold Brisbane, Australia and I'm calling it a day
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds

Login

Make a Donation...

© 2009 Content: Trafalgar Design. Template: Afterburner.